ARK RP Rules
This section of the website will cover the rules for our community both ingame and out. Please make sure to familiarise yourself with the rules and read them carefully before applying for the whitelist. If you are unsure about any part please feel free to contact a staff member - we are here to help!
Also note that the lore page contains rules pertaining to the lore so be sure to check those as well!
The whitelist will question your knowledge of these rules and the lore rules. Failure to adhere to them once accepting will result in warning points, bans, and eventually permanent removal. You have been warned.
Please note - these rules may not correctly display on mobile. If this is the case please use a desktop to read.
This section of the rules will cover the community rules. These rules affect both ingame and out of game on our website, teamspeak, discord, game servers, twitter and more.
These rules exist to help keep the community a friendly and welcoming place for players of any origin. They are integral to keeping the server running and will be strictly enforced.
Be Mature & Respectful
- Act maturely when talking to others. No flaming, raging, hate or abusive language.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated. No racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism etc.
- Do not take IC actions OOC, the way a player may play ingame does not reflect their real persona and starting grudges OOC because of ingame actions should not happen.
- If you disagree with someone explain why calmly and constructively. No hating or harassing a player or their ideas.
- No bullying other players. This includes if they don't agree with you, or don't think the same way as you. It also includes giving ultimatums to players such as "do this or i'll quit" or "do this or we will raid you IC". This also includes telling others players not to RP with you or to stay away from you.
- Remember that everyone here is a person and treat them with respect. No spreading rumours, personally attacking or being harmful to others.
- No hacks or scripts. If found using tools of this nature you will not only be banned from our server but also reported directly to the devs, blocking you from accessing any other server.
- No using glitches to gain an unfair advantage. This includes things like hiding in rocks, building in impossible areas and more.
- No abusing game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. This includes things like using radios without those near you knowing, building "double walls" (multiple walls on one snap-point), using chairs or saddles to enter closed buildings, using items to "XP farm", and more.
Do Not Abuse Loopholes In The Rules
- Whilst we do our best to make foolproof rules there are occasions where there may be loopholes. Abusing any loopholes or errors you may find will result in punishment.
- If you find any issues with the rules or loopholes in them please contact a staff member ASAP so we can fix it.
- If unsure whether something would be allowed in the rules simply ask a staff member via PM or TS before attempting it (bear in mind this may not be instant).
Be Respectful Of Staff
- Do not pretend to be staff whilst ingame, on TS, on the forums or elsewhere.
- Do not spread rumours or misinformation. It is very important that players know anything said by staff is the truth.
- Respect staff decisions. If you recieve an answer to your questions but don't like the answer, do not ask a different staff member, do not find ways around it etc.
- Please treat staff kindly, they work for free, using their spare time to help the community. It is often a thankless job and players abusing them or shouting at them does not help. Be kind.
- Whilst posting in reports you must tell the whole truth. Any lies or missing of important details on purpose will be harshly punished.
- This also applies to appeals, teamspeak conversations with staff regarding reports and so forth.
- It is also important to be truthful when discussing suggestions or ideas, basing server changes on false info only creates chaos and a worse server!
Don't Advertise Other Communities
- You must not advertise other RP or ARK communities. No telling players to leave here and join somewhere else, no shouting about how one is better than the other.
- You may discuss other communities in regards to their rules, mods etc and our server, but do not do so in order to make people leave ArkRP.
- If playing on another RP or ARK server please only use private channels on discord or teamspeak. We understand some players are active on multiple servers and that is fine as long as it isn't blatantly advertising for them.
Multiple Characters & Forum Accounts
- Usernames must not be offensive or explicit. This also applies to teamspeak, discord and elsewhere.
- Your avatar and signature must NOT be animated (unless you have the donor perk to allow gif avatars).
- Profile content must not be offensive. This includes signature, character page, description and more.
- Players are allowed a maximum of 2 characters active on the server at once using the obelisk storage. If found with more they will be deleted until it equals 2.
- If you choose to play multiple characters they must not interact with each other in anyway. This includes being in the same tribe, storing items, transferring items/dinos and any other form of interaction.
- Players are allowed only one forum account. Anyone found with multiple accounts will be questioned and alt accounts banned.
PVP & Combat Rules
This section of the rules will cover all rules relating to player vs player combat and roleplay. It does not cover specific instances like wars, base attack or such - they can be found in their own sections..
Please remember that when participating in PVP on our server the focus should always be on roleplay first.
Initiating PVP Actions
- In order to initiate PVP actions on another player or players you must do the following:
- You must roleplay with the other player(s) before, during, and after any PVP situation. This is a roleplay server, you must roleplay with those you interact with beyond just in game pvp mechanics.
- You must state a clear demand that is reasonable for them to meet and would not be overly detrimental to their gameplay experience. This demand must also include a consequence, even if it only "or else".
- You must allow them a minimum of 10 seconds to respond to your demand. Responding includes both complying and not complying.
- If you are initiating PVP as part of a group it is important to note that only those directly involved are allowed to respond to the initiation. Directly taking part means you can see and/or hear the initiation itself.
- If a player or group of players chooses to not comply to your demand, you gain rights to attack them for 1 hour. Please note that we encourage you to not outright kill players who do not comply if possible, instead subduing them or taking them hostage could result in far better RP and enjoyment for all involved.
- Any demands given must be done face to face in person. Demands are not allowed to be given via the radio, teamspeak, discord or even via note unless you are physically present as they read it.
- During a PVP situation RP should always come first. Roleplay and story should be the focus and goal of any PVP encounter on our server.
- Examples of starting PVP - "Alright! Give me your damn armour right now or else!" or "Put your hands up! Drop any weapons you have and turn to face me... slowly or I will shoot!"
Active PVP Situation Rules
- Players who were not directly involved in the initiation, but whowish to aid a player in a active PVP situation, may join a fight if they make their own initiation to the enemy.
- If a player is forcefully subdued (knocked out, disarmed etc) or voluntarily surrenders you are not allowed to attack them. You may however refer to the hostage & kidnapping rules for ideas on how to proceed.
- Players in active fights should be careful not to accidentally attack anyone not involved. Correct identification is integral to good PVP, take the time to roleplay and figure out someone's identity if needed.
Victims In PVP Situations
- If a player initiates a PVP situation with you, then you instantly gain rights to attack them. Like the aggressor however, it is encouraged to try not to kill if possible, as subduing a player offers many more RP opportunities.
- Also like the aggressor, if your attacker becomes subdued or voluntarily surrenders you may no longer attack them. Instead see the hostages & kidnapping rules for ideas on how to proceed.
- You should always act with value for life when demands are made of you. Often items you are carrying are worth far less than your life and if you are unlikely to survive the ensuing fight then complying may be the best option.
Hostages & Kidnapping Players
- Once a player is subdued or surrenders then the victor/s may take them hostage. Hostages follow certain rules detailed below but note that these also apply if you kidnap a player via demanding them to come with you or such.
- Players may only be kept prisoner/hostage for a total of 3 real life hours. After this time is up they must be set free in some way. As always if a player agrees to longer, then you may keep them longer.
- Players who are prisoner/hostage must be interacted with the entire time they are. You are not allowed to leave them in a cage and ignore them.
- Player who are prisoners/hostages must be kept safe from any danger such as wildlife, tamed creatures or even fights around them.
- Whilst you have a player hostage/prisoner any tribemates or allies of that player has rights to attack you/your tribe. Once the player is set free and no longer under your care these attack rights end.
- Players who are currently a hostage/prisoner must RP with their captors and take an active role in the situation. It is the job of both sides to ensure all involved have fun.
- Hostages & prisoners are a fantastic way to add more roleplay to PVP situations and long-term conflicts and we encourage players to take advantage of this and build IC grudges and history with one another as well as perform things like interrogations and intimidation tactics.
Using Creatures In PVP
- Creatures which attack you directly in a PVP situation may be attacked back until the active situation is over.
- Creatures whose riders attack you (including mounted turret etc) may be attacked back until the active situation is over.
- If a creature belongs to an enemy in a active PVP area but is not being actively used it may be tranquilised only, no killing or damaging them.
- Picking up other players with flyers or creatures jaws is not allowed unless you have attack rights on them or they give you permission.
- Creatures may be used as demands but only those which are fully matured and below level 200.
- Pegomastax may be attacked if they steal from you. If it runs back to it's owner and you see this happen, then you gain AOS on the owner as well.
- There is a PVP zone located on Server 2 (Crasite) at the following location: Map Here. This zone encompasses the entirety of the cave at that location, but ONLY the cave, and the cave entrance itself.
- If inside the PVP zone you have active attack rights on anyone else inside the PVP zone. This only applies whilst inside said PVP zone, once you leave you lose any attack rights you had.
- You are allowed to build in this PVP zone but you may also knock down any structures you find, whether the owner is there or not.
- Each week this area will have a chest with rare items in it placed somewhere within, giving an IC reason to enter and fight for it.
Other PVP Rules
- Players may disguise themselves at anytime via uses of paint, masks, armour or such. If you choose to disguise yourself you lose any attack rights you or your creatures had. Players still retain attack rights against you but must correctly identify you first. When identifying players who are disguised you must be sure who they via IC knowledge only and you must inform them that you have discovered their idetnity before taking any actions.
- Traps may be used in two ways. The first way is by placing them within your own base, you can place any traps as you wish if they are in your base. The second way is out in the wild, you may place traps down but must stay within eyesight of them and RP with anyone caught by them. Traps must also be removed when you leave the area.
- Sleeping(offline) players should not be stolen from, killed, injured or moved unless for their own safety. Additionally nothing can be removed from a players inventory, or taken as IC information without clear confirmation that it is okay from the sleeping player.
- You may not use the following items in PVP situations: Obsidian Muti-tool.
Roleplay & Related Rules
This section of the rules covers the various rules surrounding good and bad roleplay on the server. Roleplay rules are arguably the most important rules of them all so read carefully!
- Roleplay is the focus of our server and community and as such it is important to know that if you want to RP something out that breaks rules, this is allowed as long as all involved agree to it. The following rules are exempt from this and must always be followed: Staying in character, Forbidden RP, Permadeath rules, Cheating/glitching, Multiple characters, Building & creature limits.
- It is also important to remember that your gameplay and roleplay affects all of those around you. Playing on our server should be fun for everyone involved - just because you can do something it doesn't always mean you should. Think before you act.
- If you are ever unsure if something is allowed to be roleplayed, please ask a staff member and we will answer you as soon as possible.
Staying In Character
- When ingame you should attempt to act as your character the entire time. When approaching or part of a situation try to think how your character would feel and act if they were real.
- Acting in character includes all ingame communication - local chat, voice RP and even the radio.
- This also includes roleplaying out situations correctly, just because you may have grown up around these dangerous creatures does not mean you would not fear them. Similarly everyone feels pain and roleplaying it is an important part of building a believable character and world.
- You should also be sure to read up on our lore and lore rules. They provide the backdrop for every RP action you take and the rules affect them all.
GoodRP & BadRP
- Players must take care to act with value for their life. This includes both PVP & PVE situations. Good examples would include fearing large creatures, fearing groups of hostile players, trying your best not to die and more.
- Players must do their best not to ignore others RP. Speaking to others on OOC programs, running to a supply drop, busy farming etc are not reasons to ignore players roleplay. If you absolutely must ignore a person take the time to tell them why quickly and then move on.
- Players must do their best to act realistically in relation to the world. Good examples include not knowing more about the obelisks than you should, not talking when unconscious, not surviving life-threatening wounds again and again and more.
Powergaming is strictly forbidden, and comes in two main forms:
- The first is via forcing an action or state on another player. A good example would be roleplaying "Runs at Player and chops off their arm". This forces the player to lose an arm with no way of escaping it, a better way to roleplay it would be "Runs at Player and swings for their arm, hoping to cut it off entirely".
- The second is by acting out impossible actions for your character. This includes simple things like knowing how to create a steam engine when you just arrived from a primitive island all the way up to obvious things like a single person moving a bronto corpse. You can easily avoid this type of powergaming by always acting within your characters means and weaknesses. It should be pointed out that "super characters", those who are amazing at everything and have no weakness, also fall under this rule.
- Metagaming is strictly forbidden, Metagaming is the act of using information in roleplay and ingame that your character would not have access to. This rule covers a lot of different scenarios but some of them include knowing a character's name via seeing it above their head or in local or radio chat, using information gained via the forum or other out of game means, using information from streams, and much more. The golden rule is to think if your character would know something and if not, don't use it! This rule also covers tribe logs, they cannot be used as information when playing or roleplaying ingame.
OOC & IC Communication
- When roleplaying care should be taken to stay in character(IC) as possible. Teamspeak discord or similar programs are not a subsitute for ingame roleplay and should be used for only OOC communication the majority of the time.
- If a player accidentally speaks on the radio it is to be taken as if the character had pressed the radio button by accident and taken IC by those who see/hear it. It is recommended that you change the default radio button to avoid this to something you would not normally use for typing or to denote OOC.
- When unconscious players should not give any IC info to other players via OOC means such as discord or teamspeak. This also applies if a player is hostage and has no radio or other way of communicating information IC.
- During PVP or base attack situation all communication must be IC and ingame. You are not allowed to use any external program to discuss the situation until after it is resolved.
- Players should only speak OOC ingame in situations when it is the only option. This includes explaining glitches, emergency logouts, gameplay problems and such. If you can say something IC instead of OOC do so. OOC talk should be text only and marked with a // in front of it.
Combat RP & New Life Rule
- Combat or RP logging is not allowed. If you are part of an active combat or roleplay situation you are not allowed to log off to your advantage. Additionally if a player has attack rights on you you may not log off until you have been away from the situation for 30 minutes or more. If a player is interacting with you in a hostile way and you have to leave, simply explain OOC and if possible return as soon as you can. This also applies while hostage or kidnapped, if you need to leave simply explain so and return as soon as you can.
- Once your character dies ingame during a PVP or RP situation you may either start a new character (see permadeath rules) or respawn. When you respawn you effectively change your characters story to having been gravely injured instead of killed. This results in the following rules taking effect:
- You are not allowed to instigate or be the aggressor in any PVP situation for 12 hours from your respawn. It also means no accepting or instigating duels.
- During this time you must roleplay yourself being injured and healing. This must be done well and realistically, even when your healing is sped up by a healer using magic. It is up to you to decide how to roleplay your injuries but some good examples include: walking slowly via encumberance, not leaving your local area for the day, wearing bandages, scarring, acting as if still in pain, and much more.
- After respawning you may return to the location of your death, but only after any active fighting is over. You may not touch any bodies or players and are only there to roleplay your injury and defeat. Any actions taken above and beyond roleplaying injuries or defeat will be warned and are strictly forbidden.
- If your character dies too many times over the course of a Volume then your character receives some more permanent changes (this only applies to deaths during PVP or RP):
- 10 deaths in a Volume results in a permanent injury of your choice. This could be as simple as a missing finger or as harsh as a missing leg, but must be more than just a scar or such.
- 30 deaths in a Volume results in another permanent injury of your choice. This one must be worst than the first injury.
- Please note these injuries are permanent changes to your character and persist through Volumes until that character dies.
- Due to the age limit of 16+ on the server there are some restrictions on what can and can't be RP'd. These are hard limits and there is no room for negotiation - if you wish to RP in any of these styles please do so off of the server via private chat or other private communication methods.
- Romantic roleplay is allowed with aspects such as kissing, hugging and very light references to sex being ok to RP ingame, however erotic roleplay is not. Erotic RP is anything after the romance part, explicit references to sex or sexual acts, descriptions of sexual acts, sexual nudity, and other sexual-oriented forms of roleplay.
- Violent acts do happen. Torture is allowed with the express OOC permission of all parties involved, however, detailed descriptions of these acts may not occur. “He tortured me with a knife….look at me leg” would be fine. Going into detail about exactly how the knife was used, where, when, for how long and how much blood there was would be deemed as explicit.
- A good rule to use when asking yourself if something is explicit is: “If someone underage overheard your RP, would it be inappropriate?”. You may also like to follow the ESRB ratings located HERE. Anything up to and including teen is fine for our server, anything MA or above is not.
Community Hub Rules
This section of the rules will cover any rules that affect community hubs on our servers. In the current Volume the community hubs are The Capital on Server 1, and The Crasite Outpost on Server 2.
No PVP Zones
- Community hubs are designated as No PVP Zones. This zone effects only inside the walls of the community hub in question. Within these areas the following rules are in effect:
- You may only enter if you have no current attack rights against you. Otherwise you are not allowed to enter a community hub. This also applies to your tamed creatures.
- You are not allowed to initiate on or make demands of players whilst inside the walls of a community hub.
- You are not allowed to steal from another player (asleep or awake) or building whilst within the walls of a community hub. See the duel rules for more details.
- You may challenge others to fistfight only non-lethal duels. This is the only way you are able to PVP or settle disputes within the walls of a community hub.
- If needed you can attempt to contact a member of the community hub via the frequency 777 on the radio. You can also send mail via the mail mod to the owner's mailbox.
- If playing a character who is wanted by/an enemy of the owner of the community hub it is advised to enter disguised since being found out it will likely not end well for you.
Community Hub Details
- If the gates to a community hub are closed with no lights on, it means the hub is closed to visitors. You are not allowed to enter during these times.
- If the gates to a community hub are closed but lights are on, it means the hub is currently under attack. It is advised to stay away and not be caught in the fight.
- Entrance to community hubs is always free.
- Community hubs often have trade or other areas (such as inns or other buildings) for rent. If you wish to to rent such a space you can contact the current hub owner via PM or other communication method. Prices may vary depending on current owner, building wanted, and supply and demand.
The Obsidian Sun
- This tribe is lead by a staff member and acts as the official guard of the main community hub, regardless of current owner.
- They exist to keep order and sanity as well as provide staff with an opportunity to make sure the hub still runs and functions correctly no matter who currently owns it.
- The Obsidian Sun is a tribe like any other and as such has it's own history and morals. These morals are the reason they step in if the current hub owner gets out of control.
- Players who are members of this tribe gain no special privileges both in or outside of the community hubs. It is a roleplay focused tribes for players and a chance for them to RP as a guard and help others in the hubs.
- The mercenary guard also aids in the defense of the hubs when attacked. They cannot be bribed to not aid in this defense as trust me, your bribe cannot measure against the pay they can get from the owner of the hubs. They can however be bribed individually for other less extreme circumstances (such as clearing your bounty).
Attacking A Community Hub
- Only the main community hub may be attacked. This is the hub based on Server 1. It includes both sections, the castle and the town.
- Players or tribes who wish to attack the hub must inform staff and the current owners at least 3 days in advance of the attack. This allows the defenders time to gather people to defend and make it a fun and fair fight.
- When planning an attack a specific date and time range of 2 hours must be set. Once accepted you may attack any time during that 2 hour window.
- When attacking all the usual base attack rules are followed but in addition please be wary of innocent third parties who may be inside or near the hub.
- If successful in your attack (all defenders dead/demands are met) you have two options:
- You may raid the castle and any other buildings within the hub walls. This follows the base attack rules and acts just like any normal base attack including limits on what can be taken etc.
- Alternately you may take the opportunity to challenge the current owner of the hub for the rights to own it. To do this you simply contact said owner after your victory and issue a challenge. This is a one on one fight with each side's chosen champions and one creature of their choosing. Whomever wins gains control and ownership of the community hub.
- Players should note that attacking the community hub is not an easy challenge. It is recommended to plan in advance and gather supplies and such before attacking.
Miscellaneous Hub Rules
- Whoever is the current owner of the community hub may choose the current Kingdom Laws and enforce them. These laws can be found under the Server Information heading on the website. They must also follow rules, no laws which bypass or break a rule.
- Community hubs have parking areas for your creatures but they must not be left there longer than the time of your visit. If a creature is left in the parking area with no owner in the hub for longer than 30 minutes it may be killed and removed.
- Similarly players should not log out inside of the community hubs walls unless specifically done in an RP manner, for example renting a room in a inn or staying in prison. If you are found logged out for longer than 20 minutes you will be removed and left outside in a building.
- It is the hub owners right to remove anyone from the hub deemed to be causing trouble as well as enforce entry bans on repeat offenders or wanted criminals.
- It is not the responsibility of the guards or hub owners to protect you outside of the hub walls. Players should be careful when visiting as pathways to the hubs are likely popular bandit areas.
- Community hubs are ONLY the areas named by the staff. Players may not create community hubs.
Duels, Bounties & Permadeath Rules
This section of the rules will cover rules surround the duel system, the bounty system and general permadeath rules. Please pay close attention to these rules as they are all very important and RP focused!
- Duels are designed to allow players a way to battle one another with serious consequences. There are two ways to duel, each with their own rules.
- Standard Duels:
- Standard duels begin by challenging another player to a duel. This must be done face to face. Using notes, mail, or OOC means is not allowed. Additionally you must mention the reason for the duel in this challenge.
- Once challenged your opponent has the option to either accept your duel, or to deny it. If accepted then the opponent may choose the weaponry used for the duel (anything from fists to shotguns to T-Rexs) as well as the location of the duel. This location should be on neutral ground whenever possible to avoid any claims of tampering or intervention from friends.
- If, instead, the opponent declines your request for a duel you may spread word of their cowardice via RP as well as the opponent being unable to challenge another player to a duel for 48 hours.
- Once a duel is accepted you must make your way to the chosen location and complete the duel as quickly as possible. Spending some time to RP beforehand is fine, delaying duels by more than a hour or two max is not. Once both players are ready you fight! Victory is declared when a player is either knocked unconscious or injured to a point where they can barely move (broken bone symbol/death).
- It is important to note that the losing player should follow the NLR rule if they end up dying via the duel.
- Duels To The Death:
- Duels to the death follow the same rules as a standard duel except for the following changes:
- Due to the seriousness of duels to the death you must have a very good RP reason for this challenge, mistakes or first offences are not good enough.
- Victory is declared when one of the players is killed. The victor may take any items they wish from the losing players body.
- The losing player may return to momentarily RP out their death but once finished they must permanently kill that character. That character may not return in the future and is considered fully dead.
- During a duel either side has the ability to yield and ask for mercy. This is achieved by laying down and RPing that you are yielding. This counts as an automatic loss and it is up to the victor whether or not to accept your call for mercy. Just remember there is no honour in killing a opponent who has yielded.
- If you take part in a duel you may not challenge the same player to a duel for at least 72 hours. In addition you can only challenge a player to a duel once every 24 hours.
- If a player gains a reputation in the eyes of the current owners of the kingdom then they may put out a bounty for that player. Currently active bounties can be found at community hubs on their notice board.
- Any player may take part in the bounty and, if successful, will be rewarded with currency. All bounties must be brought in alive and follow usual PVP and base attack rules.
- If you wish to ask for a bounty to placed on another player you must physically come and visit the current owner of The Capital and ask them to do so. You must have good reason for this bounty to be placed else it will be denied.
- Once in custody the player who was captured will be given a chance to defend themselves verbally and explain their actions. If they successfully do so they will be set free, if they fail they will be punished.
- Punishments start small with things such as fines and grow stronger including things like temporary exile, permanent damage to their characters (cutting of fingers etc) and eventually if it goes that far, permanently killing their character via execution. Death however is rare and always done with the players and staff consent.
- Time between the trial and the punishment will be spent in prison, allowing you chance to escape if desired. Please note however if you do escape the bounty placed on you will be higher and the punishment harsher.
- The entire process is fully RPed out and we encourage those actively seeking bounties to RP heavily with them and others as well. This is built to be a RP focused way of handling wanted players and RP will always be the core focus.
General Permadeath Rules
- If your character permanently dies you may not bring them back without a very good RP reason and permission from all directly involved in the death. This only applies if you kill off your character by choice, those killed by execution or duels may never come back.
- Before starting a new character please take some time to knock down your old base and remove your dinos if needed. Less clutter equals a healthier server.
- New characters may be related to permanently dead characters if you wish, however everything owned by the old character must be left alone. No sharing items, dinos, buildings or anything else.
Base attack & War Rules
This section of the rules will cover the rules regarding attacks on bases & wars betweens tribes. These rules take effect anytime you attack a building of any sort or declare/participate in a war.
These rules exist to provide a fair and fun playing field for all players and ensure that any base attacks or wars are done to the satisfaction of both sides and don't ruin the victims enjoyment.
How To Attack A Base
- In order to attack a base you must initiate upon it with a demand. If you recieve a response, either complying or not, then you may proceed with the base attack. If you recieve no response, you may initiate again in different areas in case the owners did not hear you, or if no one is home/they are asleep you may not attack (no offline raiding).
- If someone initiates on your base, you MUST answer their demand, be it complying or not (AFK players not counting). Not answering in order to avoid an attack is avoiding roleplay and carries a hefty warning.
- You may only make a maximum of 3 consecutive demands. After these has been fulfilled you must leave the base you are attacking.
- If multiple groups are attacking a base they must initiate and act as one large group, not multiple smaller ones.
- By attacking someone's base you give them 1 hour of attack rights on yourself and any tribe you are a member of.
Rules During Active Base Attacks
- You may only harm creatures or turrets which are a direct threat to you (ie. Currently attacking you).
- You should only do as much damage as needed to enter and exit the building & any rooms inside. You must be careful to do the least amount of damage possible, only what is needed, excessive damage will be punished.
- Sleeping (offline) players may be moved for their own safety but are not allowed to be killed, kidnapped, stolen from or anything other than moved for safety.
- Items which are dropped from destroyed containers or buildings should be left in other open containers and not allowed to decay away. If needed you should place a box nearby and store items in it, then leave the PIN with the victims.
- Any reinforcements for either side MUST initiate with a demand to take any part in any base attack - this includes simply acting as recon or being in the vicinity of the combat for extended amounts of time (60 seconds or longer).
- During a base attack solo players may only take items up to a total of 10 inventory slots, and a group may only take items up to a total of 20 inventory slots, regardless of the group size. In addition, you cannot come back for more once you leave.
How To Declare A War
- In order to declare war on a tribe or individual you must post a war declaration thread in the Declarations Of War forum. The correct format for said declaration is stickied in that forum.
- The recipient of your declaration has 24 hours to respond to your thread either agreeing to it or disagreeing and offering an alternative war agreement.
- Once both sides agree with the stated war declaration the war begins! Wars last for 72 hours from when the agreement is formed.
- It is highly recommended that both sides sit down in teamspeak or another method of communication and discuss the rules of engagement before submitting the war declaration so that both sides are happy with them and it doesn’t turn into a really long thread arguing over terms.
- Any allies on either side must be declared in this agreement, any not listed will not be able to join the war.
- These war declarations are your chance to make your own hostile roleplay rules for an event or interaction. If both sides agree, you can even include rules such as characters you would be allowed to perma if captured during the war, being allowed to entirely wipe bases, being able to kill enemies on sight and more.
Rules During Active Wars
- Anyone not involved in the war agreement is not allowed to take part in the war. No additional allies or helpers may join once the war starts.
- Please bear in mind that any of your custom war rules ONLY apply to those actively involved. Any accidental rule breaks on players not involved will be harshly punished.
- Any tribes or players involved in an active war (including allies) may only be involved in one war at a time.
Open Containers & Bases
- Containers left in the open outside of bases may be stolen from without following the base attack rules if left unlocked. However if the owner catches you in the act of stealing from a container they gain 1 hour of attack rights on you.
- If a base is left open and unlocked you may also enter it without following the base attack rules. However if you need to destroy any part of the base you are still required to follow the base attack rules. Also note that like containers, if caught trespassing inside a base (physically inside a building, not within fences) the owner gains 1 hour of attack rights on you.
- Please note that base attack limits in regarding to taking items still apply to open containers or bases.
Attack & War Limits
- Each player or tribe may be the aggressor in a war once per week.
- Each player or tribe may attack each tribe/solo player once every 72 hours.
- If a player/tribe complies during your base attack you may only attack them again after an increased time period of 120 hours (5 days).
- If a player/tribe you have attacked retaliates via a base attack or other PVP situation before the timer is up the timer ends instantly. Similarly if they purposefully antagonise you, false bravado/trash talking etc, then the timer instantly ends as well.
- If a player/tribe is constantly attacking you against your wishing to the point where it is negatively effecting you please report it privately to staff and we will discuss it with them.
- Always remember that RP should be enjoyable and fun for both sides, if a player/tribe is clearly not enjoying your hostile RP take that into account and work with them so you both enjoy it. Just because something can be done, does not always mean it should be done.
Building & Creature Rules
This section of the rules will cover the rules regarding base limitations and dinosaur limitations as well as rafts, saddles and turrets. These rules effect the way you play ingame a lot so be sure to read carefully!
These rules exist to help keep the server running smooth whilst also allowing the players freedom to create wonderful bases and roleplay locations.
Creature Amount Limits
- Each player may have a total of 10 owned creatures.
- Each tribe/solo player may have a total of 2 steam powered machines (hot air balloon, bulldozer etc).
- In addition to that, tribes/solo players may have a total of 6 breeding creatures above the limit. These creatures must be clearly labelled with [BREEDER] in their name and used for breeding purposes only.
- Creatures you unclaim still count towards your limits until they are dead or claimed by another.
- Whilst there is no strict size limit on you or your tribes main base please take into consideration other players and lag when constructing it. If staff feels your base is too large we will discuss it with you in order to downsize it appropriately.
- Solo players or tribes are allowed 1 outpost in addition to their main base, they are also allowed 1 outpost on the server where they have no main base. This outpost must be smaller than your main base and should be kept actively used, if abandoned it is liable to be removed.
- When claiming land for a base or outpost you must use both signs (IC only) and structures with at least 4 connected foundations, walls and roofs.
Demolishable & Abandoned Bases Or Creatures
- Bases which are demolishable and abandoned (heavily damaged, empty of any dinos/players or been told so by owner) may be demolished by anyone. Bases demolishable but not abandoned should reported to a member of staff via the ticket system.
- If you will be leaving for an extended period of time and want your base to be safe either invite a tribe member to visit your base or contact staff to let them know it should not be demolished.
- Bases which are abandoned and not demolished by other players/staff are subject to automatic removal. If you don't want your base to go away, make sure to inform us as above!
- Rafts which are abandoned and do not have bases on them may be destroyed. If an abandoned raft has a base on it you should contact staff via the ticket system.
- Creatures which are left abandoned will eventually become claimable by any player. If you see a creature like this, treat it the same a unclaimed creature in the wild like the rule below.
- Creatures left unclaimed in the wild may be claimed or killed as you see fit. Claimed creatures should be left untouched but please do attempt to contact their owners OOC as they may be lost!
Rafts & Saddle Platforms
- Each solo player or tribe may have a maximum of 6 rafts or saddle platforms. It is your choice how to split this between rafts or saddles.
- Buildings on rafts or saddle platforms should be treated the same as any other when it comes to combat or RP. This includes being careful not to destroy the whole base when breaking in, attacking it correctly and any other rules which apply to normal bases.
- Creatures with saddle platforms can be tranquilised as stated in the base attack rules. They also can be attacked as stated in the PVP rules.
- Base built on rafts or saddle platforms count as outposts if used as such - for example, it is left outside of your main base and designed to be lived in and permanent.
You may not build bases or outposts in the following locations:
- Wyvern Trench or anywhere near it that blocks wyvern nest spawns on Server 2.
- The ruined aquaduct in the south of Server 1.
- Dungeon on Server 1.
- Arena on Server 1.
- A map of the above four locations are avaliable here: Server 1 Map, Server 2 Map
- Any Obelisk bases, or blocking obelisk terminals on either server.
- Any building which blocks a large amounts of rare resource or creature spawns are not allowed.
- Any building that blocks entrance to caves which contain rare resources or supply drops is not allowed. Doors which are left unlocked are allowed.
- Any building that blocks supply beacons, artifact beacons, or underwater beacons are not allowed.
- Please note that this only applies to bases and outposts, building bridges or other ease of access structures is perfectly fine, just try not to block too many spawns else they may be removed.
- Turrets located inside of structures (without line of sight outside) may be at any settings you wish.
Turrets located outside or with a line of sight outside may be set to following options:
- If set to target wild creatures only they may be set to a maximum of medium range and any timer you wish.
- If set to target players and/or tamed creatures they may be set to highest possible timer ONLY and lowest range ONLY.
- During base attacks turrets targeting players or tamed creatures may be set to any range but the warning timer must stay at the highest possible. This also applies when a player has kill rights against yourself or your tribe.
- Apex creatures are defined as the following creatures: Quetz, Mosa, Bronto, Squid, Golem, and Giga
- Solo players or tribes may only have a maximum of 3 apex creatures tamed.
- This 3 creature limit applies even to apex creatures which are breeder creatures.
- Apex creatures may not be used in any PVP or base attack situation unless specified in a war agreement. This includes direct use in fighting but also use as taxis, storage, moving platforms or any other use that effects a hostile situation.
This section of the rules will cover any rules that don't fit very well into previous sections. Please read these rules closely, they are just as important as the others!
Bosses & Other Summoned Creatures
- Bosses or any other summoned creature may not be captured or trapped in order to farm materials or anything else.
- Any bosses or summoned creatures you tame may not be used in any sort of PVP, war or base attack situation.
Responsibility & Personal Creatures
- Tamed creatures with the ability to fly are not allowed to be left on aggressive.
Other tamed creatures may be left on aggressive but please note the following:
- If a player is attacked by an aggressive creature they have every right to kill it or attack it.
- If your aggressive creature kills a player whom you have no attack rights on, then you are liable to be reported and warned.
- Players are responsible for all actions their tamed creatures take part in. This includes the following:
- Enrage mechanics effecting other players or creatures.
- Attacks with area of effect damage.
- Creatures which deal stomp damage.
- Aggressive dinos attacking other players or creatures.
- Dropping diseased creatures into players bases is not allowed.
- Dropping diseased corpses into players bases is not allowed.
- Purposefully infecting other players in order to annoy, troll, or otherwise aggravate them is not allowed.
- RPing diseases which don't exist via ingame mechanics is allowed but you may not infect other players without their OOC permission.
Mods & Mod Items
- Mod items must be used responsibly - using mod items for badRP, trolling or any other bad use will be punished harshly.
- Similarly mod items must be used with common sense - especially those which add new structures or buildables. Walls of invincible objects are not allowed and players are encouraged to think about lag when placing Mod items. Areas dense in modded structures often cause a lot of lag when loading in and can crash players.
- Sometimes mods may update and add new features which do not belong on our server. If you see a mod item which is broken, overpowered, or just doesn't fit in with our lore and gameplay please inform a staff member ASAP.
- Wild creatures cannot be "kited" or lead into other player's structures, homes or the players themselves.
- Similarly wild creatures cannot picked up and dropped in or near players or their buildings.
- Painting other players bases without permission is not allowed. The only exception to this are flags & signs. When painting players themselves or their creatures however it is important to not be trolly or immature, painting warnings or such is fine, painting crude images is not.
- Creatures which are currently being tamed are not allowed to be touched, injured, or stolen.
- Any items found, for example alphas drops, that are above our tech limit must be destroyed. This includes anything that requires fabricator or over to create. If found to be breaking this rule the punishment is severe.
- The lore itself and the rules located within it are also just as important as any rules located here. Please be certain to read those too!
- If you have any ideas or suggestions for rule edits or additions please post them in the rule suggestion thread here - LINK.